These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Farr Appraising Market Conditions Report

Executive Summary
For my final project, I decided to create an automated market conditions report taken from comparables listed in the user-subscribed database at
www.UtahRealEstate.com. I designed this program specifically for my father’s business, Farr Appraising Services. Currently, my dad prints the results from his search criteria and then uses a calculator to find the average prices for comparable homes sold or listed in the past three months, four to six months, and six to twelve months. This process is slow, ineffective, time-consuming, and prone to errors in the calculation process. Previously, my dad spent about 10-15 minutes performing this step for each of his appraisals. Assuming he does about 10 appraisals per week, this program could save him up to 100 hours per year, or two full weeks of work. I know that he is pretty excited to get it.

This code also contains some interesting features regarding the use of array collections (not just arrays) and working with interesting types of HTML sources. It was a pretty intense project, but I learned a lot.

The Links:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive