These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Automatically Create a Grocery List


The purpose of my project was mostly to solve a personal pet peeve. I like to bake and cook, but whenever I go grocery shopping, I am always in a hurry. Inevitably I will forget an ingredient that’s pertinent to a recipe I want to make that week. This means I either have to use time and money to go back to the store, or I have to wait another week to make that specific recipe. Although my project does not solve a major business problem, this problem is important and relevant enough to me that I wanted to dedicate time to finding an automated solution for it. This will help me have a more enjoyable and efficient grocery shopping experience.
My solution is divided into three user forms. The main form allows the user to add recipes to a grocery list. A second form allows the user to add a new recipe to the list of recipes or to edit an existing recipe. The third form compiles the grocery list based on the recipes selected, and the user can edit the list and send it to their email.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive