These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Ben Olpin's Bank Account Tracker



Bank Account Tracking
Executive Summary
My wife and I are very careful with our money, but our credit union’s website does not have the best tools to help us see what is happening with our money in a graphical way. The goal of this project was to create a tool that I could use that would log in to my bank account, extract a set of data, write it to a worksheet and then create a chart that represents that data. This was the bulk of the project and I found ways to make my code do all of those things.
In addition, I wanted a way to keep track of receipts I get by category, so I made a user forms to enter in receipts as well as edit them if I’ve made a mistake. The form gathers the date, store, amount, and category of each receipt, making it easy to keep track of where our money is going. Rather than manually enter the categories, they are validated by checkboxes so the user cannot enter in a category I’m not tracking.

Finally I created a new ribbon titled ‘Financials’ that runs all of this code. The result is a powerful tool that’s both easy to use and looks clean, and I’m very excited about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive