These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Get me to the airport on time

When time is of the essence, it is sometimes very useful to have a computer aid us in our decisions. In approximately 1.5 months, my wife and I will become proud parents for the first time. The problem is that in less than one month, I will be starting a job in another state, and my wife will have to stay here in Utah - even if she were able to travel this late in pregnancy, her insurance will only cover her in Utah. With these precarious circumstances, in approximately 1.5 months I will need to take my flight (literally) as quickly as possible to return to Utah. However, as economical people, we would like to pay as little as possible for the flights to and from Utah. To this end, I have written a program to search for flights at five airports of my choosing, and finding the driving time to those airports from my current location. The program searches both the kayak.com and southwest.com websites for flight information.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive