These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Car Deals/KSL

Executive Summary
Overview
Recently I needed to buy my own first car. One of the biggest challenge I had experienced was that I just didn’t know much about cars. I wanted to know market prices and availability of cars that I’m interested in. I’ve been asking many friends how I can find the best deal and good car around here. All my friends suggested me to look up the KSL frequently to be familiar with cars.

As I have been searching many hours on the KSL car classifieds, I come up with the idea of making a good excel spreadsheet which can show me the prices, mileage, years, and descriptions of different cars that are available now. In that way, I can see which cars are better than others and also see more clearly how market price the specific car’s price. I also want to make a graph to visualize the data that I gather from online and it will help me to understand the market better.


The system I built will execute these wishes by showing the exact data that people want to know. I created a form that users can type what type of car they are interested in. A web scraper will create a list of cars with their respective title, price, mileage, and URL. Also, it allows to get additional information from https://www.fueleconomy.gov. As a result of the search, VBA create a graph to analyze the data. The graph visualize the prices of cars based on mileage. This will really help users to find the great deals that offer low mileage with a decent price.


http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15f/heejin30/Haley_Kwon_IS520.pdf
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15f/heejin30/Final_KSL-Haley.xlsm

2 comments:

  1. Ordered Nissan Pulsar through Gbcardeals and their service was very good. They did what they said they would .. We were kept informed of progress re delivery of car (which was delivered early) and all in order .GB Car Deals

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive