These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 10, 2015

Spiritual Workout Plan

Over the past few months, and throughout other times in my life, I have found that my personal scripture study becomes routine and less meaningful when I do the same thing each and every day. Despite my best efforts, I have yet to find an efficient way to get out of a monotonous study-rut once I am in it. So, in order to better follow Elder Uchtdorf’s counsel and "grasp the teachings of the scriptures", I have created a spiritual workout plan.

My spiritual workout plan application generates a series of tasks for the user to perform each day in order to keep their gospel study interesting and dynamic. This idea came to me this past conference when I felt like I needed to create an application that resembled a gym workout app I have been using to find new workouts and record my progress. Likewise, the spiritual application will generate new ‘workouts’ and record the users progress in a graphic interface. 

Some of the tasks the user will be prompted to perform include: 
Reading an article from the most recent issue of the Ensign 
A daily challenge to perform a random acts of service
A scripture of the day 
A weekly topic to study in True to the Faith 
A weekly challenge to improve self-discipline such as “don’t eat sugar for a week”
Record a daily journal entry
Etc. 

http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15f/cstott3/Final_Study_App_VBA_Project.xlsm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive