These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, April 12, 2012

I am currently engaged and didn’t quite realize the whirlwind that was going to overcome me during this time. It isn’t so much the engagement that is overwhelming but everything going on in addition to the engagement: semester end projects, finals, job fly outs, etc. I decided to use my VBA final project to do something that will truly be useful for me and others involved in the wedding planning.

Sending out wedding invites is a big deal. It requires coordinating the efforts of a lot of different groups. After several weeks of several different directory versions flying around between the two families, I decided to create a user form that will be so simple that no one could possibly screw it up. I created a user form so that regardless of how tech savvy an individual may or may not be, they would be able to easily check if an individual is in the directory, add an individual, and know the count of guests according to different categories. The mission is clear. Now for the difficult part: implementation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive