These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Final Project: BHS Financials



For my final VBA project I put my skills to use for the most demanding and critical of all possible audiences; my very own mother. My mom is charge of the finances for the PTA of the local high school my siblings attend, and when she complained of the difficulty of dealing with the spreadsheets she had to keep a record of all the PTAs financial transactions, I decided to step in and help out. For my project I restructured the financial spreadsheets, and created a set of forms that could be used to input and edit the financial transactions of the organization. Where before the process of entering new financial data had been tedious and had required entering the same data repeatedly in different places and different ways, I automated those processes and also created safeguards to make sure that the data was input correctly.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive