These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Craigslist Apartment Search


Andrew Brasher Final Project - Craigslist Apartment Search

Every year around March my wife reminds me that our housing contract is going to expire and that we need to start looking for housing.  So I open my browser and go to Craigslist, then search for the same criteria again.  After I get the results, I open a bunch of tabs and look at each ad separately.  Then I try to remember to save each potential website in my bookmarks or I transfer the information to a Google doc to share with my wife. 
I thought that this long process could be easier if I could just run a search, import the information in a way that makes sense, and save the document.  For my VBA Final Project I made a program that will allow a user to search Craigslist.  The program will import the information and any available pictures to the website then the user can save the worksheet.

- Andrew Brasher
EXCEL Workbook: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/abrasher/CraigsListSearch.xlsm
Write-up: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/abrasher/VBA_Final_Writeup.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive