These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

E*Trade Stock Screener Gadget

As part of my undergraduate education at BYU I worked in an on-campus internship that manages a real portfolio of equity investments. This on-campus internship uses a variety of tools to augment our investment practices. One of the tools we use frequently is a screening tool that searches through and filters stocks based on pre-selected criteria. I consider the screening tool to be one of the most important assets we have at our disposal and once we leave the class we no longer have access to it. I have been active in equity markets since 2007 and considered the screening tool essential to my personal investing so I decided to create one for personal use as my final project. The purpose of the program is to use criteria I have developed for my own personal investing and filter through every available U.S. stock to find possible investments and then compare them against their peers. Because there are approximately 14,000 publicly traded companies this tool is essential for finding the best investments quickly enough for me to evaluate companies on my own time.


Write-up
Gadget

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive