These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Friday, April 8, 2011

NCAA Basketball Tournament Simulator

As a college basketball connoisseur, I have noticed the lack of a sophisticated tool to predict the outcome of NCAA tournament games using the rankings from my favorite statistics website (kenpom.com).

The objective of this project is to provide an easy way to predict the outcomes of actual or hypothetical matchups between teams in the NCAA tournament. The project allows for an entire tournament simulation or a single game simulation. For each of these options, the results of each match is displayed, and also displayed is a summary of the decisive statistic is placed on a summary sheet in order to allow users to see why the outcome of the match happened the way it did.

I feel like my project is a good solution to my original problem of finding a well-put-together tournament simulation, and hope that anyone else interested in college basketball would find my project informative and easy to use.


Writeup: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/dave4988/write-up.pdf

Workbook: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/dave4988/NCAATournamentSimulator.xlsm

1 comment:

  1. I need some vba codes written to help introduce technology to a booming airplane seat manufacturing facility we make custom seats for airbus and Boeing but there is not an IT (info tech) dept in place to help integrate the newest technologies that are available. Each dept within my place of work has to create there own way to keep there rear out of the fire. im talking about dept such as engineering,planning,production,assembly,etc. Anyway it's a lot to discuss. I just need a vba programmer that could help me put some ideas into a code.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive