These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Monday, April 11, 2011

Ward Emailer

Executive Summary

The need for my project came from my activity in the church. I was tired of looking for email addresses of ward members only to forget or lose them once I wrote my email. Excel is a common tooled used around the world and I believe that many members of the church have the same problem that I do. Wards that use my program will no longer need to pass around sheets of paper to gather ward members contact information. As long as the information has been given to the church, my program will create a ward list excel spreadsheet that will have the contact information for all members.

My project resolves the problem of not having member’s contact information by retrieving the member records for my ward from the internet to create an excel spread sheet. The information is downloaded to a file location of the user’s choice. Once the file is downloaded the user will be able to email other ward members from excel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive