These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Saturday, April 11, 2015

Financial Planning Analysis


Executive Summary

                The business that I did my project for is MassMutual Financial Group and Alexander Jones as an agent there.  In the course of my time doing insurance sells and financial advisement I found that the software used by agents to run their analysis on clients cost upwards of $10,000 a year. I could never afford that as a new agent and so I always had to work with a more senior agent to work with clients.  This puts a big cost to me as advisor as I then have to split all my commissions with the other agent.  To avoid this whole stress I have decided that my project would be to build an excel workbook that could do the equivalent of what those software products do.

                I first had to decide what would go into the excel workbook and then using VBA automate the process with only a few inputs.  The result is a powerful financial planning tool that allows me as an agent to help a client without the need of other software.  This project takes into account taxes, debts, budgets, house purchases, savings requirements, investing, and retirement goals.  I think you will find this tool exciting and useful as well.

Write up link
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15w/jones222/Final_Project_Write-up_to_submit.docx

Project
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15w/jones222/Project_Final_Final.xlm.xlsm
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive