These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Help Build the Kingdom of God-Dating Referrals System

Executive Summary

Moses 1:39 states: “For behold, this is my work and my glory – to bring to pass the immortality and eternal life of man.” God’s work and glory is stated clearly and explicitly in the scripture. I believe that as children of God, we are all here on this earth to help God to build His Kingdom and to assist in His work.

One way to help build God’s Kingdom is to help His children to build his or her eternal family. After coming back from my mission I understand the importance of networking. I thought to myself, if I can create a database that contains the information of all of my single friends, not only can I help myself to find a potential eternal companion, but I can also help all my other single friends to start the process of building their eternal families. Isn’t that great?

This project allows the users to insert a person’s basic background information, academic information and other information such as personality and availability. Then having all the referrals’ information in a database, the users can then choose to look up a person by searching for some of the information. If the users decided to set up this person on a date, they can just simply email the person or text the person right away. Also, usually what to eat and what to do on a date is really hard to think of. There is also a button where you can ask Excel to randomly generate a restaurant idea and things for the users to do. There are a couple hundred combinations in total so the users don’t need to be worried about what they should do or where they should go eat.

Of course this tool is supposed to be a tool that helps the users search from a database of people and be able to set themselves up on a date or to set other people up on a date. However, in terms of getting married, please seek the help of God and the Holy Ghost. This is not to guarantee the user a spouse or to tell you who you should date. This simply provides a chance for you to get to know a person better.

http://files.gove.net/shares/files/15w/veroli/KCLVBAMM.xlsm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive