These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Wednesday, April 15, 2015

What's In My Kitchen?



PROBLEM AND PURPOSE

I often forget which food I have in my refrigerator and pantry. I sometimes will forget for long enough that some foods will expire and spoil. Other times, I will run out of something and forget about it. Then I return home, only to discover that I need that one item that I ran out of a couple of weeks ago and had since forgotten about it. This problem extends to food storage. As a student, I don’t have much food storage. However, my parents do have a food storage and while I was growing up I was able to see the pain point of not remembering everything that is in food storage, or if it may expire soon. What’s In My Kitchen will track all food items, including their quantity and expiration date, so that food is not wasted, and shopping trips are efficient. There is another feature included within this program that will allow the management of recipes. I can create a recipe, complete with the instructions and the foods required. The foods required can be selected from a list of foods that have been added to the Inventory spreadsheet database. Both the recipe and items lists can be printed out with the click of a button. This is a program that can eventually be ported to a mobile application, and it is targeted towards anyone with a kitchen with a stronger focus on stay-at-home moms.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive