These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Simplified Tax Forms



Executive Summary
Project Purpose: My project was, primarily, a personal enrichment and learning experience. As an aspiring Tax Stem MAcc student at BYU, I wanted to better understand simple federal income taxes and the various rules regarding the IRS Forms 1040EZ, 1040A, and 1040. My project had two goals: (1) I wanted to create a simple version of online tax software, understanding its nuts and bolts, and (2) I wanted to help taxpayers with the most common sources of income complete their 2014 tax returns with minimal hassle. This project has been useful in providing check figures for income tax returns that I have completed with and for family members. Additionally, this experience has helped me feel better prepared for future tax classes and my upcoming tax internship.

System Overview: Utilizing user input, my project will help taxpayers identify which IRS income tax form they qualify to use, particularly in regards to the sources from which their income is derived. Using a variety of custom UserForms, VBYesNo MsgBoxes, and InputBoxes, this program will help the taxpayer navigate the various forms and tax worksheets. This project will help the tax payer calculate their number of dependents, gross income, AGI, applicable deductions, applicable credits, taxes, and refund or amount owed. Finally, the end result will be displayed to the taxpayer, clearly indicating the appropriate line number or line description and its associated value.

Links:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive