These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Getting Air Ticket Deal

Executive Summary

My project was simply inspired from the fact that I was constantly asked to find airline deals and tickets for my family. Every time a member decides to go on a trip, they would ask me to check for ticket deals. Due to that, I learn that online travel agent search such as Kayak.com, Cheaptickets.com often change their deal prices at midnight, most often Tuesday midnight. However, I don’t want to stay up until midnight just to keep checking the deal pages. Therefore, I believe it would be useful to write a program that check for airline deals for me and send those to my inbox while I am sleeping. 

My program looks for airline deals on the Kayak.com website throughout a certain time that are specified by the users, get the description of the flight and a link to book that flight, and send those deals out to a specified email once the search is finished.


http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/ahoang/Anh_Hoang_-_Executive_Summary_2011-12-08.pdf
http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/ahoang/VBA_Final_Project_-_Anh_Hoang.xlsm 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive