These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Ribble Final Project VBA

Executive Summary

Original Project Scope:

I am not very good at managing personal finances. I want to change that. I plan to create a program that pulls data from all of the banks I transact with in order to populate an ongoing personal budget and automate it such that I can either push a button to find out my monthly cash flow and/or have the excel sheet periodically update my budget on its own. I hope to see real time cash flow and time to pay off each long term debt that I have so that I can project the date and time at any given moment when I will break even and at which points in time I am worth what.

In retrospect:

I started this project convinced that I wouldn’t finish it. I was quite behind in the course up until recently. And yet, I believe I have learned more about VBA, and programming at all, in the past week than I previously would have expected. This project was a great way to get comfortable with it.


Files:

*Note: Usernames and Passwords have been removed from the code in the Workbook

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive