These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Visiting Teaching Report Generator

Executive Summary

This semester I have been serving in my ward as secretary for one of the Relief Societies. My main job is to record Visiting Teaching and attendance numbers for the ward’s monthly report. The most frustrating thing I have to do is rifle through several different sheets of paper to compile the numbers at the end of the month. Additionally, this hard-copy approach is not very user-friendly as I have to count the number of girls attending each week and those who have been visit taught by hand before entering them in to the ward report.

In order to make this easier for myself and future secretaries I decided to write a program to automate this process.

*Names have been changed within the excel file for confidentiality*

Project Write-Up: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/ktwesty/VBA_Writeup.pdf

Excel File: http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/ktwesty/VBA_Final_Project.xlsm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive