These are projects posted by the students of Dr. Gove Allen at Brigham Young University. These students have taken one semester-long course on VBA and generally have had no prior programming experience

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Rental Indexing and Projection

Executive Summary

For my final project, I decided to develop a web data scraper to build a large index of rental listings nationwide. Then I also scrape MLS for-sale real estate listings. Finally, I developed an algorithm to identify geographically relevant rental comps for each for sale listing and using these comps I am able to make a fairly accurate projection of the rental value of the listed for-sale property.

Since this whole process is automated, I can then sort the for-sale properties based on the strongest rental returns in an area. This information should be fairly valuable for real estate investment purposes, as it will drastically reduce and narrow the time spent looking through general sales listings aimlessly. Using this VBA automation, I can spend my time on what will likely be the most profitable activities.

http://files.gove.net/shares/files/11w/gbg/Burt_Gwilliam_-_VBA_Project_Writeup.pdf


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive